Agape Hilliard holds to the historical creeds of the Christian faith.
1. We believe that the Bible is the uniquely inspired and inerrant Word of God and is fully binding on all matters of faith, doctrine, and practice.
2. We believe in the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, which says, specifically: that there is one and only one God--eternal, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, triune; that within the unity of the Godhead there are three Persons, co-equal, co-eternal, and consubstantial--God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit; and that these three Persons are the one God.
3. We believe in the preexistence and full deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, who became man without ceasing to be God, being at the same time both God and man, fully human and fully divine, in one Person.
4. We believe in the historic virgin birth of Jesus, the prophesied Messiah of the Old Testament, His sinless life, His death on the cross for our sins, His bodily resurrection from the dead, and His ascension into Heaven, according to the Scriptures.
5. We believe that as a result of the historic Fall in the Garden of Eden, man became a sinner and hopelessly separated from God; that Jesus Christ is the only provision for atonement for sin and reconciliation to God; that without the new birth no man will see the kingdom of God, and because of God's grace, not his own works, man is justified by faith alone in the finished work of Christ; and that on the coming Day of Judgment all men will be resurrected bodily--the saved to enjoy eternal life with God, and the unsaved to face an eternal, righteous punishment in Hell.
6. We believe in and practice believer baptism by immersion or pouring, and we celebrate the Lord's Supper.
7. We believe in the second coming of Jesus Christ, in which He will personally and visibly return from Heaven to judge the living and the dead, and although no man can know the day, hour, or year, His return is imminent.
8. We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, through whom believers are justified, regenerated, sanctified, baptized, and filled. Who is given to the Church to produce both fruit and gifts in its members, and that He makes it possible for a person who believes in Christ to live a godly life in this present fallen world.
9. We believe that all Christians are indwelt by the Holy Spirit upon their belief in Jesus, and that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are valid for today's Church.
10. We believe in the spiritual unity of all true believers in Christ; and that these believers, who are committed to Jesus Christ as Lord, are thus recognized as His Church. Specifically, we believe all Christians are to be committed to a local fellowship of believers.
11. We believe the greatest command in scripture is to love God with all our hearts, mind, strength, and soul. We believe the second greatest command is to love others as our self.
12. We believe Jesus commands all believers to go into all the world and make disciples, baptizing them and teaching them to obey Jesus.
13. We believe in Christian marriage as a loving, exclusive, covenant relationship between one man and one woman for life.